La Vall Fosca is the southern access Agüestortes National Park and Lake Sant Maurici. The cable car to the Vall Fosca, the only Pyrenees south leads to the National Park, which offers a landscape of high mountain, with a wealth of flora and fauna.
In this area you can make various walking routes, which connects the lakes over 2000 meters, the path of GR-11-20, which can reach and Spot Boi, through the Vall Fosca, the greenway train, climbing peaks like Peguera (2,942 m) or Montsent Pallars (2883), among others, or by shelters around the National Park, Chariots of fire, which starts at the Vall Fosca Colomina refuge.
ACTIVITIES IN THE VALLEY
• You have 10 minutes to an entry (accessible by cable car in summer) National Park Aigüestortes and Sant Maurici: the lake area of Lake Gento, one of the largest number of lakes in the Pyrenees.
• The possibility of a guided tour of the Hydroelectric Power Capdella.
• In about 30 minutes by car: there are Sort-Llavorsí, where you can make any adventure sports (rafting, canyoning, kayaking, skiing in Port Aine, Espot-skiing …) or try their luck in the lottery Witch d’Or.
• It also is close to Boi Taull with its Romanesque churches recently declared a World Heritage Site, and its ski station.
• Or you can visit Cretaceous deposits discovered in Isona and its museum dedicated to dinosaurs .. Information Web: www.parc-cretaci.com
• In addition, each season has its own attractions: hunting, fishing, mushroom festivals … and all the colors of nature.